Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's March Already?! Events Around Macon

Good lord yall, when did it become March?

Needless to say, this weekend alone there are all kinds of fabulous happenings around town. I'll start off with Macon Arts Alliance's show "Kirk West's Playlist". From their Facebook event page:

         The exhibit will showcase music photography by Kirk West, photographer and former tour   manager for the Allman Brothers Band. For more than 25 years, West photographed musicians in the clubs of Chicago and on the road touring the country. After taking hundreds of photographs at an event, he’d sell two or three. The remaining images were put into storage and left for a later day.



Well folks, the later day is here! I'm for sure going to make my way down. Also tomorrow night we have the first of two performances of "Hot on Broadway", this is part of the Butler Lexus's Broadway Series at The Grand Opera House. The second performance will be Saturday night. Also from their Facebook page:

         
            Hot On Broadway is the only show that brings together a cast of Broadway’s best and brightest stars – direct from current Broadway shows including Wicked, Jersey Boys, Mamma Mia!, The Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King, Chicago and many more – to create a show-stopping spectacular with song and dance numbers from Hairspray, Les Miserables, Rent, Nine, Cats, Grease, Guys & Dolls and other hot Broadway shows. This high-energy song and dance production will have you singing and dancing in the aisles with today’s Broadway hits!


Gosh, how to choose what to go to? For those of you who don't know, I am a tremendous Broadway fan thanks to my days in musical theatre at Stratford Academy (I even took private voice lessons- but don't ask me to sing now). For more music tomorrow night, one could also check out the Mercer Percussion Concert. I'm thinking this is how my night will start tomorrow- first, the Arts Alliance, then the Mercer concert (hey- I'm a student and I get in for free- actually it might be free for everyone the Facebook page doesn't say for sure). But I also can go to a special event following the Hot on Broadway show because I am a member for Bravo with the Grand. Decisions decisions... I'm also going to have to eat at some point and it's been a little while since I went to Dovetail. I'm thinking it's time I visited one of my favorite bartenders, as I have told yall before Wayne always comes up with something special for me.

Saturday is going to be just as jam packed, if not more. First, we have the Casting Call at The SoChi Gallery to take my kids to, then a study session for my final on Monday, then I've got to go and try on clothes from Ella Bleu Boutique for a photo shoot, THEN I've got The Big Bird Bash. Think I have enough planned?




Oh but it doesn't stop there. Sunday is just as insane, with church, the Macon Symphony "Pet" Show, more studying, and my photo shoot for Ella Bleu Boutique! 

Does my life ever slow down? What do yall think haha...

Til next time yall!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I almost forgot- Sterling Waite and The Cotton Avenue Hustlers at Hummingbird on Friday as well :)

    ReplyDelete